• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Neurotransmitters and Nutritional Therapies

Winding Vines

Bluelighter
Hey There!

So my practice has been working with a certain company that performs Neurotransmitter testing. I realize this testing is still in its infancy, as we still do not even know how to test for lesser known neurotransmitters let alone how they completely impact organs and other functions of the body.

However, my boss and I were talking yesterday. His mentor Dr. Ray Peat said that 5 HTP can cause adrenal taxation over time.

Well, my boss and I got down to the nitty-gritty and a lot of questions popped up that I wasn't able to answer readily.

This lab creates nutritional therapies to aid in the HPA axis, we have seen some good results. However I question.

A client right now is using:

150mg of 5 HTP
150 mg of L Theanine
120 mg of Mucuna Pruriens (20% stndrd)
100 mg DL- phenylalanine
100 mg N-acetyl-L-cysteine
100 mg N-acetyl-tyrosine

I would think that the M. Pruriens with the phenylalanine + cysteine would be very hard on the adrenals. Therapies such as this are not my specialty, so I ask the geniuses at Bluelight for any light to be shared.

I am not one to say that just because some group of experts at some lab recommends, are completely and utterly correct- even if the patient is experiencing good results.

As we all know, and witness a lot of misinformation within the health community.

Thanks guys and girls. :)